Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Foster Hope, Foster Love, Foster Parent

We have been  a foster family for 8 years (on and off) now. We started with relative care, the kids went and came back several times. We've been licensed about 5 years and have done non-relative care for 4 years.

It's been an adventure, we have 4 bio kids as well, so yeah, crazy! I lovingly call my kids the chaos crew. We don't use the term "foster" for our kids, we call them our bonus kids, they are an amazing bonus given to us by God! We are foster parents, a title we chose, the kiddos did not choose this life, but they have to deal with it none the less.

Foster care is my calling, my passion, and I was blessed with a family that is willing to go on this roller coaster with me.

We're living a crazy, chaotic life, but it's ours and we love it. This blog is about that life, so it will also be chaotic. Enjoy the ride, it will be up and down, there will be twists and turns, you might get a little sick, tears may be shed, but in the end it will all be worth it. Buckle up, lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment